Sunday, March 30, 2008

A Bit of March Madness

Ever since I was a kid I've loved questionnaires and opinion polls and such whether they are in magazines, e.g., "Are you a romantic?" or on telephone, "Do you have a minute to answer some questions about the governor?" Now there are endless such things on the web and I've found out what kind of flower I am -- but I forgot -- and various other forgettable trivia. The most recent is which tarot card I am -- I kind of wanted to see if it would come out The Fool. Nope? I don't know why I do this, I never found Tarot readings interesting although the symbolism of the picture cards is fascinating. So this is me ...for the moment. The quilter me is going into gear shortly after I read the first section of the Sunday paper that just thumped against my door.


You are The High Priestess


Science, Wisdom, Knowledge, Education.


One last thought: I think I used to do those questionnaires because I had a shaky grasp of who I was. In my "Golden" age, I think I am as sure as possible who I am, so why am I still doing these things? Habit? I kind of like being the High Priestess, but where are are the learners who sit at my feet with notebooks real and digital poised to record my every brilliant thought? I guess we can't have it all.

No comments :