Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Finished, well almost

So the asnwer was simple, I added a flock of parrots, fused from an interesting big piece of fabric I've had quite some time. They stretch all across the top and some have settled further down in the quilt
and now that it's done -- except for hand sewing down the hanging sleeve and adding the label -- I am beating myself up because I have not yet learned the color lesson of contrast. The parrots blend in entirely to much. I like them but that's because this is the method I've been using to dress myself in a near monochromatic way most of my adult life. I did all those 20 "star quartet" quilts to learn the lesson of contrast and it hasn't sunk in yet. Well, I have an idea for one more of these chopped up nine patch designs with what, I hope, will be an interesting contrast with a fabric I have with some dramatic beasties to add more dramatially than these parrots. We will see ... it'll be probably a month. There's always more to learn, more to try. I doubt I'll ever, every be bored.

No comments :