Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Stash Busting/Building


Is it bad luck to talk about using up your fabric stash? Or is it just plain nutty to contemplate even a status quo? Here's what happened today. I took a load of stuff to the thrift store. I always check the shop for unexpected finds -- could be anything! Today it was a basket of fabrics, quite unusual but not unheard of. Most were decorator fabrics but a few were quilt quality cottons. Here's what I got:

yellow small check gingham ...... 1-3/4 yd for $1
orange medium check gingham ..... 1-3/4 yd for $1
orange large check gingham ..... 1-3/4 yd for $1
springy green flower print ...... 1-1/4 yd for $2
large bright flower print ....... 1-1/2 yd for $3

Total: 8 yards fabric of $8 -- WAIT! It was senior citizen day. I got a discount.
Grand total: 8 yards for $6.50

How could I not buy it? I loved the prints, and I like to use ginghams for the backing of baby quilts. Stash -- it just grew by eight yards and no apologies offered.

1 comment :

MaryContrary said...

No apologies needed!! That was a tremendous buy.