Monday, May 19, 2008

Blocks for Breast Cancer Research Project


A woman on the Swap-bot site suggested making blocks for the ongoing project of quilts using the specially designed pink ribbon fabric. Her nearest quilt shop supplies the fabric in fat quarters and then gathers the finished blocks and puts them together into quilts, backs and quilts them and then they are auctioned with money going to breast cancer research.

When I received the fabric I envisioned doing two of Carol Doak's wonderful paper piced stars with the pink ribbon background fabric. So I made the first one. But realized there wasn't going to be enough pink ribbon fabric for a second background so made the second block which is a bit dark but the fabric was used and I hope it will be okay. I do greatly enjoy making these stars. From Carol Doak's Fifty Fabulous Paper Pieced Stars there are still 15 or more that I haven't made -- guess I need another project.

No comments :