Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Lights, the best part!


Besides some wonderful music -- like The Messiah which I heard last weekend -- lights are the best part of the season. Never mind the ho-ho and even the parties. Lights are put on all kinds of trees, like those in the picture which are in the center section of Broadway near 94th Street. It's a reward for finding the city dark before 5:00 in the evening. I hope to be able to picture a different lighted tree from now through Christmas. It partly depends on my questionable photography skills.

Just when I think I've got all the gifts mailed, almost all the cards sent, in come more cards to be answered. Once that's done maybe I can finish the blocks to next quilt top, and start quilting the one I've just finished ... but wait, first there's a little quilted something, a pillow top, or a small, quick lap quilt for a Swap-bot partner whose favorite colors are bright pink and bright green. Probably a pillow top because large quantities of the two together may be more than I can handle ... but sometimes I get caught up and a small project grows.

No comments :