Saturday, January 30, 2010

A New Dawn Every Day

Before I moved here I never saw a dawn unless I as away from the city, which was very rare. When I moved to Cape Cod I was delighted to be able to choose an apartment that faced east. This time of year I am usually up at least a quarter of an hour before dawn, so I can make breakfast and generally have it eaten before the sky colors with the first of the dawn. Most often I have turned on the computer and am looking at news [I have no TV -- thus I have no audible commercials] and I'm sitting where the dawn is entirely visible if I turn my head just a little to the left. Often I stop and watch the glob of gold creep up through the bare branches of the trees and sometimes it is so bright I have to pull the middle of three shades on the wide window because it hits me blindingly.


Every now and then it is so splendid I open the nearby slider to the patio and step out in the cold to take a photo. These are two. Of course no two are alike which reminds me that really no two days are alike either. Some days, of course, it's gray and the clouds are thick and I only see lightness arrive. I don't suppose I'd want it to be otherwise. No philosophizing and no poetry -- the pictures are poetry enough.

3 comments :

Nellie's Needles said...

Thank you, June, for the pictures and your profound thoughts.

Gina said...

Beautiful pictures

Love and hugs Gina xxx

cottonreel said...

Hi June , I can give you a few more years but as long as your healthy and outgoing it gets better and better .Love your quilts . Take a look see at my blog if you have time----------------cottonreel