Tuesday, January 08, 2008

January thaw?

It is January 8th, in California and various other Western parts of the USA there are feet of snow. In Central Park today it was 65 degrees and people were walking around in short sleeve tops. I had on a sweatshirt and was sweating. Mutter mutter about global warming -- or at least weird climate patterns.
So while sitting on a bench in the sun, doing a crossword puzzle I decided to look up into the trees and take a couple of pictures of bare branches. I suppose people who really know trees could identify them by their branching patterns. I learned to identify by leaves and to an extent by bark [aspens, poplar] back in the 4-H club but that's as far as I got. I was glad I had time to be out in this unseasonable weather. It won't last, of course, and we wouldn't want it to


No comments :