Saturday, April 02, 2011

Alligators in the NYC sewers


I wish I had posted this yesterday. When in NYC over the weekend I actually did not see this -- but I wish I had. After all the years of hearing about alligators in the New York City sewers and it being debunked consistently ... They're crawling out, and they're BIG!

No, he's not real, but looks real -- he's a sculpture and his dopplegangers are coming out of man holes in various places in the city -- or so the article I read said. He's meant to look entirely real -- some April Fool's joke. They'll be there a while. I love it! I love that city with all it's variety and sometimes screwy sense of humor like the street signs I've always loved that say, "Don't even think of parking here."

2 comments :

Ladydy5 aka: Diane Yates said...

Same thing in New Jersey. Scared me hearing those tales so much as I was growing up I would refuse to step near a manhole when I would cross the street. This sculpture is amazing. Probably would do that now as an adult in New Jersey.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!
Thanks for sharing!