Friday, July 08, 2011

Quiltie -- Quilter' Bookshelf

This is a small quiltie, about 6x7". The "books" are selvages and the border as well is a selvage although the part with the color dots is on the the back. It was made for a swap-bot partner and is now in the mail on its way. The idea was borrowed from a post last week on the Selvage Blog [see right sidebar].

Although the idea of miniaturizing things [like quilts] in this way seems a bit juvenile to me, I must admit it's fun to sit down and complete a project in a couple of hours, even doing a bit of hand quilting, which I enjoy doing but don't do with larger quilts because I am unwilling to spend precious time doing it I might if I were a TV watcher but I am not. So I'd rather be reading.

3 comments :

Robin Quilts, etc. said...

I really like your Quilters Bookshelf. What a great use of selvedges.

Selvage Quilter said...

This came out great. I'll post it on the Selvage Blog tomorrow to inspire others. Someone will be delighted to get this in the mail!
Karen

June Calender said...

Thank you both. I always look at your blog, Karen, and I'll certainly be delighted if you show my little quiltie. There are things I'd do different if I make another -- and I might -- but that's the live and learn bit.