Monday, April 12, 2010

Wonky blocks

I have never done a "virtual quilting bee" but have agreed to a small one -- just three participants. My quilt choice is a wonky log cabin-ish block using up some of my current abundance of pink fabric, and coincidentally using strips from my strip-scrap bag. Here are two examples I made this morning.

Using up scraps somehow makes me feel even more righteous than using up great chunks of my stash, although I may make this a reversible quilt since I've lately been on a reversible quilt binge. I can use a different fabric on the back of each wonky square although I may rein in my exuberance and us only one color, no, not that hot pink ... or, come to think of it maybe ... Thinking about future quilt ideas is as much fun as making the one in hand.

The virtual quilting bee will have each of us making four blocks for each of the others according to their directions and with some of the fabric supplied by them but not all. That means I will receive eight blocks. Certainly I'll want twelve total and maybe more. We'll see when all have been received. I'll make a couple more blocks in the relatively near future.

No comments :