Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Love the Design Wall


This is/was a WISP-- Work in SLOWWWW Progress -- the background squares were sewn maybe three years ago. The roosters were ironed onto fusing about that time. One or two got cut out but it was a lot of fancy cutting. So it went into the basket and there it sat. But a couple weeks ago when I made the baby quilt for Cory to give as a shower present, I took advantage of her sense of obligation and asked her to do the fancy cutting. She says she didn't mind and did it quickly. Isn't it nice to have granddaughters!?

Then how to put the quilt together? first I pinned it up in a standard block grid as at the top. Did not fuse the roosters, just pinned them too. A day later I thought of the on-point method and rearranged the ones you see. I like this much better. I've got a lot of other things going on right now including finishing quilting the selvage quilt I put together a couple months ago -- I don't intend for it to become a WISP. I adore having the design wall, and being able to look at these alternate arrangments -- a dream oome true.

1 comment :

Evelyn said...

I vote for on point. And I wish I had a design wall... :-)