Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Scrap Bag

This throw size quilt was finished this week. I had a largish plastic bag of scraps. The triangles to make these pinwheels were cut out so long ago I can't remember what the original plan was. I spent an hour or more sewing them together and then what to do? They needed something bright bright an interesting. Ah, I had a yard of a novelty print or close packed dots in many any colors. The back uses a couple of polka dotted prints too. I made a small dent in the scrap bag.

Then I set about cutting squares and then sewing nine-patch blocks. They are not being sewn into a two bed size top, possibly put together later today.
Very often I look at books of "scrap quilt" ideas and see them in magazines and feel irked that, it's clear those are not really from someone's scrap bag. The matches are too good, the whole thing has a planned feeling. Who do they think they're kidding? The contents of my scrap bag, and, I think, most people's scape bags, are truly a mix -- and I prefer it that way.

No comments :