Saturday, December 18, 2010

December journal quilt


This is my last journal quilt for the year. My theme was trees and birds. This is a fantasy forest which I did partly because I've been nuts about the background fabric ever since I purchased it a couple of years ago. I didn't cut into it because it felt too pretty. After a certainly period that attitude about various fabrics wears off and so this is about half the FQ I had.

As you see it has a trimmed evergreen appliqued to the center and the fantasy goes into high gear with a couple of peacocks guarding the tree. There are stars and snow flakes added. So ends the year's journal quilt project. It started out seeming like a great idea but, frankly, I got bored and did not put the effort into the later ones that I had anticipated when I began. It's unlikely I will do another. I'm not a block of the month type although I'm still enchanted with Carol Doak's book of mariner's stars and might decide to make one a month for the year.

No comments :