Monday, June 29, 2009

The summerless summer


Those are raindrops on the bush outside my living room window. They've come and gone but mostly come for three weeks now. More are falling even as I sit here and type. This is, so far, the summerless summer. Brief hours of sun appear here and there as teasers. The temperatures hover on either side of the 70 degree mark -- no complaints about that, really. A light jacket against the damp breeze is okay.

A good time to get on with quilting projects. I finished quilting the batik quilt but can't post a picture because I'm waiting for some sunlight to take a picture that approaches the true colors -- which are deep and wonderful. End of today's complaint.

2 comments :

Nellie's Needles said...

What a great picture of green lusciousness.

In response to your comment on my blog about getting the "life list" on your blog ... on my computer, I highlight what needs to be copied, then hold down the "apple command" key while pressing "c" to copy ... then in the edit box for my blog I again hold down the "apple command"key while pressing "v" to get all that I copied to appear where I want it. I don't know about the operation of systems other than Macs. Once it's in the editing mode, you can change the boldness of the type or even add to the sentences.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Ahh, you could live here where there's been no rain for well over a week with heat indexes over 100 daily... your damp green looks delicious from here!