Thursday, February 26, 2009

Last Several Hours


This morning I decided to put the pedal to the parquet [as it were] and finish this quilt! Of course it took longer than I expected. I just can't stop being astonished that what seems like a little simple sewing is going to take as long as it takes. But, the last side of the border was quilted and the binding cut and machine sewn to the back, hand sewn to the front -- I had the illusion while hand sewing that the thing was growing extras and stretching itself like so magical beast. The hanging sleeve is on and the label -- although I've got to write on it. There are some tag ends of thread to cut off, seems like no more than fifteen minutes, half an hour at most -- so it'll probably take an hour.

And the word is "Nevermore." Yes, The Raven and I agree, what's done once does not need to be done again. There are, of course, many other projects waiting in the wings.

2 comments :

Quiltdivajulie said...

No matter the time, it is magnificent!

Unknown said...

Wow!