Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Stella's Stars

I was waiting for the sun to come out so I could get a photo with the pinks more or less true  They're fairly true although you can't see that the background of the main part is a pretty print.  The stars are viewable.  Not your usual cute baby quilt.  But I'm not a "cute" kind of great-grandmother and I really wanted to make complicated stars.   So this will go to Stella tomorrow for her first Christmas.  That backing is a Liberty of London fabric, very light pink printed with the alphabet.  I actually bought that fabric at a thrift shop even before Cori and Jay were married, let along before I had any thought of soon (or so it now seems) having a great-granddaughter.

She'll have a first birthday almost immediately and will get a more appropriate bunny-doll.  I usually don't wash new quilts but I wanted this  to have an antique look and I wanted to get rid of visible marking pencil lines used for the machine quilting. Done in time for Christmas.  Now on to other projects.

No comments :