Wednesday, December 04, 2013

No Time to Have a Cold

I've often noticed that Presidents don't seem to catch cold.  Also I've never seen a concert musician stop and sneeze, blow his or her nose or cough.  Sometimes you just don't have time to have a cold.  That's how I've felt this week.  So I fought the cold I wrote about a couple days ago with simple remedies, mainly plenty of sleep, long steamy baths were a pleasure and I became so relaxed I could not hold my eyes open long when I thought I'd read for a while before going to bed.  Some hot tomato soup and peppermint tea was also involved and, yes, I also had some chicken soup another day.  That and determination -- do I believe in mind over matter?  well... maybe ... Anyway, I haven't reached for the tissue box even once today and maybe a little cough or two this morning.  I can't help wondering also if my new practice of tai chi played a role. It's supposed to be good for blood pressure and much else. A friend recently gave me a page printed from a Harvard Medical School website that listed several medical studies attesting the benefits of tai chi.  None of them mentioned the common cold.  Just wondering ....  Doesn't that panda look like one contented little beastie?

1 comment :

Ladydy5 aka: Diane Yates said...

Panda looks like he/she may have a cold! ;)