Friday, December 13, 2013

Batik reversible quilt


For over a year I've been collecting batik charm squares (5x5") planning to make a reversible quilt.  It's done and badly photographed. (If I can get photos with truer color I'll replace these.) There are 260 squares, which is 130 on each side of the quilt. 

The top photo is the dark colored side.  The bottom photo shows light side - these colors are fairly true. This is my second try at getting decent photos but they don't really do them justice.

This is simply quilted on the diagonal, the front squares are divided with a light multi-colored batik and the back with a dark batik fabric.  I will be mailing it tomorrow to my daugther in California who says the quilts she'd had for a few years are getting tired and need a fresh infusion.

That's fine, because I sew for the fun of seeing the pattern and colors work the way they I'm happy to give it to someone who'll use and appreciate it. 

I had a half hour going through quilts this morning and now have a different one hanging in the living room to look at for a while.  I change things after several weeks -- if I didn't go through the bags of quilts now and then I'd totally forget about some of them.

1 comment :

Cindy said...

Lovely!