Monday, February 21, 2011

Two more painted quilties

I liked the acrylic painted/ Sharpie drawn pear quiltie I showed a couple of posts ago and I sent it away in a swap. So I decided to make another and experiment with a different quilting pattern. Actually I think the pears on the former one were better and the diamond quilting didn't work as well. Live and learn -- that's why experiments are done.

I prepared two squares -- both of these are 6x6 inchies -- in the same sewing session. So then I tried the moth on the second one. I guess I got carried away with the bright colors -- neither moth nor butterfly look like this. I'll call it "impressionistic" and pretend this was the in my head -- but it wasn't but again I was experimenting. I have another experiment in mind on a bigger scale. That ones not ready t.o be attempted

2 comments :

Ladydy5 aka: Diane Yates said...

I absolutely love this. Now I got to try it.

i'm a superhero i can like fly and shit said...

experiments are the best!