Thursday, September 03, 2009

Slow quilting

I have been quilting -- mostly trying to finish things. I get bored pretty quickly with some kinds of quilting the quilt so I do only a portion a day until it's finally done. However,I took time out to make a couple of very simple blocks for a swap. Blue was specified and when I pulled out my blue stash I realized how big it is. So I think I'd better think blue for a while. I've been on a red and green spree, time for blue/purls not this block as it's really too simple, for me it probably will only work very well if it were black-white with red in the middle. But I'm not even sure about that.

The roosters are coming along, slowly. I knew I wanted to outline quilt them to make them pop up, as they truly do when outlined since they have the additional stiffness of the fusing material on their backs. I like them that way. But it's very -- did I say VERY? -- labor intensive so I do half a dozen and move to something else. But in quilting, as in life and zen, the journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step and every six roosters add up and I'll be done anon. Then I have only to bind it. I'll take time out when all if finished to detail the long -- like five years -- life span of this former UFO. Well, it's still a UFO but actively in progress now.

No comments :