Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Today's Bargain

Very occasionally some quilter's - or sewer's -- stash arrives in my local Goodwill store and if I'm there at the right time, I get a treasure trove.  Today was such a time.  I ignored all the small remnants and the many Christmas print fabrics and chose the black and grey group. 

As the photo shows I chose one white and one red and the little holly Christmas print -- the rest are blacks and grays.  I have been making black and white blocks for some months, in fact, black and white blocks often with a touch of red.  And I have been seeing gray quilts with orange and thinking about how good that looks.  Anyway, here are twelve pieces of fabric, the white, red and Christmas print are only 1/2 or 3/4 yard but all the rest are from a yard to four yards.  A very satisfying bargain at $18. (especially when one things that fat quarters are nearly always $1.99 and up these days)

No comments :