Saturday, February 16, 2019

Sunflower Quilt Done

This very large sunflower quilt hangs on the wall facing the slider door to my patio so that usually it's the first thing one sees on entering. A cheerful, bright welcome on the gray days of winter.  (Although, so far this has been a winter with a lot of sunshine and almost no snow. -- we hold our breath and wait for when it will come.) The design was inspired when I was sent a note with this as the design.  I immediately saw it as a possibly way to use up many of my buttons.  Three are over 300 hand-sewn buttons on this quilt. It's about 40x38.

Having finished the work on the anthology for the Academy for Lifelong Learning, I have some time to finish projects (like the previous post here below). And this week-end, President's Day, gives me three days to get my sewing room/studio in good shape, which I've been doing.  I have another long-time quilt top waiting to be quilted. I sandwiched it today, will do the actual sewing the next two day. And I'll take some time out from that job to make a small abstract little quilt for Uncommon Threads whih will meet Thursday.

Meanwhile I've done a lot of straigtening rearranging and the room actually looks fairly neat.  Needless to say, I have a various of other projects in mind.  The list grows as I think about it. When I'll have time... I'll see.

1 comment :

Ladydy5 aka: Diane Yates said...

Amazing all the handwork in the flower.
Your wall hangings are such pieces of Art.