Thursday, February 14, 2019

Finally time to finish UFOs

This is an incomplete and not very good photo of a  bed-size quilt I was finally able to finish today (border and binding). I put it on my bed and will sleep under it tonight as I usually do when I've just completed a bed-size quilt. The block pattern has a name but I've forgotten it. This was  swap (from a Swap-bot) quilting group. I liked the easy way one could cut up a four-square block and make it much more complex looking.

About 1/3rd of the blocks were sent to me in the swap. I usually made one or two additional ones (beyond the one I was to send my partner). The various colors were a stipulation of the swap directions.  I've forgotten which blocks I made and which were made by others.  I'm pleased with the relative simplicity that looks far more complex to make than it was.

I have been so busy with editing the anthology, Reflections, for the Academy for Lifelong Learning that I have not worked on large quilts for months. We had a well attended launch party yesterday and I am now finished with that project for several months. I have another bed-sized quilt top made which needs batting, backing, quilting and binding. I will begin that job on Saturday and hope to finish it (maybe?) next week .... I'm aware that almost everything about quilting takes longer than expected.

Meanwhile I have made an art quilt that is larger than expected. I'll write about it, with photo, maybe tomorrow, more likely over the weekend.

No comments :