Thursday, January 27, 2011

Couldn't Resist


Yesterday's Bayberry Quilters' meeting did not have a speaker because of her illness. But they did have a members'flea market. Also the "free table" was especially laden. I took a couple of bags of stuff I knew I would no longer use. Many others did too. I came back with almost as much as I took, but I think I'll use ... well some, if not all, of it. Among the things I picked up were two packages of prestamped fabric "paper" piecing type patterns for a log cabin variation.

I'm a major fan of paper piecing and have seen these printed foundation fabrics but never purchased or use one. So almost as soon as I got home I had to try it. I decided to make a dent in my blue scraps. Here is what I did. Obviously I haven't trimmed the squares at all. You can see some of the foundation fabric behind. It's by Benetrex and very nice muslin. I like this! It feels good and I don't enjoy tearing the paper off my blocks. So I'll continue. Possibly some of the blocks will be another color for more punch and interest in the final quilt.

Also I couldn't resist, since so many blogs I read have done this: a snow picture -- this is what's immediately outside my sewing room window this morning.

No comments :