Monday, November 22, 2010

MackIntosh Inspired Wall Hanging

I've finally finished this wall hanging inspired by the Scottish architect/designer Charles Rennie Mackintosh. It has not been hanging long enough to straighten out and I should have waited to photograph it. The design as a quilt was done by Claudia Clark Myers for her book A Passion for Piecing.
It is perhaps the simplest in the book and one of the most dramatic. There is another quilt or two in the book that I'd love to make. I have to have the time and the nerve to spend as long piecing as they would demand.

I enjoyed pulling out all my reds and working with my daughter, Rachel to chose the ones to go into this quilt. Since my living room is full of red and black this is a perfect addition.

1 comment :

jennyk said...

I love this quilt! I love the drama of the red and black. I love the geometric-ness of it. I love the simplicity of the overall design and the complexity of all the fabrics making up each semicircle.