Monday, March 02, 2015

Working on It

I haven't posted anything for a while but I am working on this flying geese quilt.  It's on the design wall, as is obvious.  Actually I got it all put together yesterday and it is now on my sewing room floor. I've decided I need another row or two on the bottom and then a six inch royal blue border. 

Making the geese has left me with a pile of cut off triangle sets that I will sew into half-squares and turn into another quilt. It's already planned. In fact the flying geese were inspired by Leisure Arts' book Devoted to Scraps (best of Quiltmaker) although the arrangement is all my own doing. But the next quilt in the books uses the half-squares in a Rail Fence pattern which I will do. These are super simple quilts and are satisfyingly quick and easy when I'm suffering increasing bouts of cabin fever here where the snow just doesn't know it's time to stop and let the crocuses start their pilgrimage up to the sun.

1 comment :

Ladydy5 aka: Diane Yates said...

What can I possible say but again you are amazing in these challenges you take. Don't have the patience to do all that flying geeseing.