Sunday, January 13, 2013

Working on, but often interrupted

A  fairly traditional block, just a square and half-square triangles. I'm using stash fabrics that are mostly fat quarters that have been cut into so I only have enough for a square and then a bit left over to make strips or smaller squarees for future scrap quilts.  This goes together so quickly and easily that I've made up some for the block of the month for Feburary for the Bayberry guild.

These are on my design wall, abutted to one another but when I stand back the stars disappear and I get a jumble of squares that confuses the eye. So the quilt will be put together with white sashing between the blocks, then the stars will be prominent.  I'm use somewhat grayed tones, nothing really bright, so it will have a sweet old fashioned feel -- although the white stripping may seem to put it into the "modern" category.  Category doesn't matter, I'm using scrapes, I enjoy the almost automatic sewing and I need to have a stash of two or three completed quilts that are basically utility quilts that can be give to charities when disasters happen and our guild offers to send quilts.

1 comment :

A Visit With Mrs T said...

I really like the colors of these! :)