Sunday, September 04, 2011

A Summer Visitor


Walking with Rachel yesterday afternoon we saw this butterfly looking like a lady in a very chic "little black dress" with touches of gold around the edges. She fluttered away before I could take a photo.

When we returned nearly an hour later, she was still in the same area and this time posed for me. I don't remember ever seeing one with this sort of marking. I'm an admirer [as the quilt in the header attests] but an ignorant admirer.

Seeing this butterfly reminds me that one of ny summer "maybe" projects was another butterfly quilt as the one above is the only one I've made and I gave it away to someone who truly loved it. That maybe didn't happen although it is still a "one of these days" possibility.

3 comments :

Folkways Note Book said...

June -- your butterfly is a beautiful Mourning Cloak. How nice that it posed for you -- barbara

June Calender said...

Thanks, Barbara, I have heard that name and it is very appropriate.

Ladydy5 aka: Diane Yates said...

I just love the ring of lace on the bottom of her wings. I wonder if butterflies are male and female Humm!