Monday, November 06, 2017

Using an unloved fabric

Our Uncommon Threads group was given a group of hand-dyed fabric. We divided them amicably but one piece was left over: an orange and white piece, we all called it an "ugly". Finally the decision was made to cut it into equal pieces and each of us would use it in something.

As usual most of the others were abstract, showing that a touch of orange could perk up a geometric  design. But I cut  mine into little fish --- in fact I didnt have ehough so added some other orange fabric.  I used of  some of my stash of solid blues plus some grey fabric. The challenge was for our September meting so it seemed logical to be "punny" and call this " Back to school.  I 'm actually kind of happy with the piece. I think orange is one of those colors that grows on you as you get older. I feel the same about both yellow and purple.

1 comment :

potterylady said...

Greetings! I am visiting from Swapbot, I was reading your profile since you are my partner for the Not Gonna Fit #2 swap.

I stopped here because I wanted to express my appreciation of your use of the ",ugly" material no one wanted to use and the creative way you used it for the fishies.

Now back to my wanderings through your creations...