Friday, December 24, 2010

Day Before Christmas

Tis the day before Christmas
and all through the house
not much is happening.
I'm quiet as a mouse
quilting and net-surfing --
because, you see, the fuss and flurry
has moved a generation down from me.
I'm done with my part of the panic
and also given up rhyming this ditty.

How relaxed I am! The sun is shining, the snow is only patchy but that's okay. I started a paper pieced block yesterday that may be the first of a dozen or twenty to make into a quilt, using Carol Doak's mariner's compass star book. I'm mulling a selvage quilt -- my bag of selvages is sizable. I have some writing projects in mind. I will not be bored, plus I have book case of to-read books.

So happy holidays to any regular readers - I know some of you are out there and quietly lurk without leaving notes. That's okay, come back often. And if you're quilters, I hope you'll have a sew-nice year ahead. [yeah, I know, puns are the lowest form of wit]
This quilt is named "Christmas Cactus". It was a long term UFO but finished sometime in the last year or 18 months. It's currently a table covering. I do not "do" Christmas trees. My small poinsettia joins the considerable amount of red in my living room looking as holiday-ish as I need.

No comments :