Sunday, May 04, 2008

No Sewing, New Reading


I've been busy all weekend, although some of that busyness included a lot of news reading -- and gee wilikers, I haven't begun the NYTimes Sunday crossword puzzle that I usually do on Saturday night. So I admit, I've not only been reading papers, I'm reading a novel by Paul Auster, The Book of Illusions -- Auster has been recommended to me by a couple of friends and I've resisted him. Still doing some fault finding as I read but curious enough about how he'll resolve the double story he tells in this book, so that I actually forgot about my usual crossword habit last night.

I don't read Time Magazine, but saw on a blog that in their 100 Most Influential People issue they call the Dalai Lama the MOST influential person in the world ... So if anyone dares tell a couple of Chinese Big Men about that they may have a bit more irritation to set their stomachs churning. I may have to buy this issue of Time, it seems many of the influential people have been asked to write essays about others of the group - an interesting twist that could make some unexpected little essays. I think i'll finish off just a couple of other things and do the crossword puzzle.

No comments :